Webinar: Norway & the EU – EUSBSR Action Plan enabling neighbourhood cooperation
25/02, 14:30-16:00 CET
TO REGISTER, USE THE FORM BELOW THE PROGRAMME INFO. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER IF YOU DON’T RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL. THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 23.
THE WEBINAR LINK WILL BE SENT OUT TO REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
Organisers: Let’s Communicate project, Eastern Norway County Network, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Norwegian Delegation to EU – in cooperation with EU Commission DG Regio
The new Action Plan for the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR) focuses on mainstreaming cooperation with neighbouring non-EU members into all policy areas. Norway is closely connected to EU via the EEA-agreement and an active member of several organisations and networks in the Baltic Sea Region. Norway is also a full member of the Interreg Baltic Sea Region programme, and part of several cross-border programmes in the region.
The webinar will focus on the added value of cooperation and engagement of partners from Norway in the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region. The value of cooperation will be presented through practical examples. The event will encourage exchange of new ideas for future cooperation.
- Opening by the Mission of Norway to the EU – Per Sjaastad, Ambassador/Deputy Head of Mission
- Added value of involving non-EU neighbours into the European Macroregional Cooperation by Johan Magnusson, Team Leader, EU-commission DG Regio
- Mainstreaming cooperation with non-EU neighbours in the EUSBSR by Simon Stermann, chair of the EUSBSR National Coordination Group, German Federal Foreign Office
- Norway’s cooperation within the Baltic Sea Region and the EUSBSR by Olav Berstad, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Why cooperate and what is in it for us: Concrete examples from Norwegian participation in Flagship projects within the EUSBSR
- STM Balt SAFE by project partner Norwegian Coastal Administration (Kystverket), Jon Leon Ervik (PA Ship/PA Safe)
- EFFECT4buildings by project partner Innlandet County Council, Liv Randi Lindseth (PA Energy)
- Cooperation with Norway from a point of view of a Policy Area Coordinator, Esa Kokkonen, Baltic Institute of Finland – PA Innovation
- What now – how to proceed? Let’s Communicate project and new Interreg BSR programme period, Ann Irene Saeternes, Head of European Affairs, Eastern Norway County Network
- Wrap-up/end of seminar
Moderator: Baiba Liepa, Interact Turku office